Mail Compose Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I was composing a new email and realised I can't click on these fields
To:
CC:
BCC:

How do I enable those fields so I can just click on one of them and select the email address from the Address Book?

I sometimes send email to a sports group but I don't like to use 'group' contact list as sometimes I don't need to send to everyone in that group.

I just want to be able to click on the to, cc, bcc fields and go that way.

Any help is appreciated:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Open a new message, then type in first few letters of the name and Address Book should do the rest automatically. If still cant get the fields, make sure account is correct in Mail preferences, thirdly boot from the Leopard install DVD and run Repair Permissions from there.

Go and have a coffee takes twenty minutes or so.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Hi Harryb2448

I want to actually be able to click the To, cc, Bcc fields (which would open the address book) and manually select the email address's. Can this be done? if so how?;D

Typing in the first letter for each email address I need is very time consuming for me.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
In a new message click on the address book icon. At the top left corner of the address book window will be a to and a cc button. Highlight names and click the button you want and they will show up in that field in your message.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
to view a bcc: box, open a new mail message and press option+apple+b and one will appear. or, open a new message and in the toolbar, click View and then click Bcc Address Field. however, you will not get a BCC button when you click the address book icon on the new mail message. i think that you should be able to expand the address book window that the icon opened up and then drag and drop names into whatever field you would like.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks nukemm and fearlessfreap24, that makes things easier for me:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.