upgraded ram but theres no change?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
i upgraded my ram from 1gb to 2gb and i dont seem to notice any change. it seems to open programs at the same speed as my 1gb ram. my macbook beachballs a lot, even when i open adium. did i do something wrong? is my mac just running slow? i also recently upgraded to leopard. would that have anything to do with it? any help would be appreciated :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
i upgraded my ram from 1gb to 2gb and i dont seem to notice any change. it seems to open programs at the same speed as my 1gb ram. my macbook beachballs a lot, even when i open adium. did i do something wrong? is my mac just running slow? i also recently upgraded to leopard. would that have anything to do with it? any help would be appreciated :\
First off, if you weren't using all of the 1 GB you had before, then you aren't going to notice a change if you upped the RAM.

Second, RAM doesn't make your computer faster. It won't make your apps open any quicker than they already do.

Third, try running something like Onyx to clean out any caches and run the OS X Maintenance scripts. This is going to be more effective at "speeding" things up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook | Core2Duo 2.2GHz | 4GB RAM | 120GB HDD | OS X 10.6.2
More RAM does not necessarily equate to opening apps quicker. It allows you to open more and to be able to switch between them without having to access your swap space. =]

OP
januhhh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
ok thanks. i was told wrong then.

so if i use onyx to clean things up i shouldnt beachball as much?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.