• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help desk stories...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Check this:
http://rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_os.shtml

Some of these stories are just hilarious...just a sample:

A girl walked into the computer center where I work. She said she was having problems with her Mac. I asked what kind of Mac she had. In an indignant voice, she replied, "Duh, Intosh." :confused:

:D

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
This reminds me, some old lady called in at my uncles PC repair center. She said "the cup holder is jammed!" She stuck a coffee cup into the CD drive... XD

P

psychotoe

Working for and internet company I had many of these stories.

I was on the phone once with a user and she says to me.

"I'm having a problem with my microwave explorer"

So I says to her, did you set it to defrost?

Of course I was just joking but this one stuck with the tech for a while.

I have plenty more but I'll wait till other people post first. I have a whole log of these types of calls.

Thank God I don't work there anymore.

CaptainMack said:
thats pretty funny :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.