White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
macbookcommodorecompare.jpg

Made me laugh :)

(it needs some x's though...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Reaction score
I think it tries to look for the compeltely wrong things.

1) Apart from the fact that this medium didn't exist for the commodore it's a stupid argument. Again, if you need it so much, use remote disc or buy a drive.

2) Ethernet. Macbook Air is made for wireless usage, and an adapter is available for anyone who still lives in a sad wire world. Get a wlan router, man.

3) User replaceable battery. I think this is the stupidest argument of all. It's a typical geek statement because geeks will actually replace the battery themselves if they could. Normal consumers will send in even their macbooks or MBPs for replacement.

4) Keyboard. -_-

5) The last firewire device I have in my household besides a video camera is a 3G iPod with firewire. I mean, come on - this is not a powerhouse, it's supposed to be a sleek companion for the road.

I'd say people are not impressed because the MBA doesn't flaunt hrosepower, but has other distinguished features. Also, because of it's slightly high price people are put off by it because everyone expected a sub-notebook to be a sub-price-notebook as well.

Apple lacks a cheap notebook, and prayers weren't answered. But I'm getting this baby all the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
I think it tries to look for the compeltely wrong things.

1) Apart from the fact that this medium didn't exist for the commodore it's a stupid argument. Again, if you need it so much, use remote disc or buy a drive.

2) Ethernet. Macbook Air is made for wireless usage, and an adapter is available for anyone who still lives in a sad wire world. Get a wlan router, man.

3) User replaceable battery. I think this is the stupidest argument of all. It's a typical geek statement because geeks will actually replace the battery themselves if they could. Normal consumers will send in even their macbooks or MBPs for replacement.

4) Keyboard. -_-

5) The last firewire device I have in my household besides a video camera is a 3G iPod with firewire. I mean, come on - this is not a powerhouse, it's supposed to be a sleek companion for the road.

I'd say people are not impressed because the MBA doesn't flaunt hrosepower, but has other distinguished features. Also, because of it's slightly high price people are put off by it because everyone expected a sub-notebook to be a sub-price-notebook as well.

Apple lacks a cheap notebook, and prayers weren't answered. But I'm getting this baby all the same.

1) Yeah cause add another $100 to the price and it isn't even MORe of a rip off.

2) You wont have wireless everywhere. Lets forget that for a moment. How about if you want to transfer a large file between 2 systems on the network? Which would you like to use? A gigabit network adapter or a 54meg wireless connection? Keep in mind the usb ethernet dongle is only 10/100

3) Wrong point. People want a user replaceable battery so they have have 2 batteries for even more battery life. Swap out the first for the second and keep on going. Try to expand beyond the idea of replacing it when it is dead and you might see where this is a problem.

4) Yeah it has a keyboard

5) Without firewire the compatibility is limited and imovie wont even work with peripherals. You are limited not only to a streaky 480m USB connection but since there is only one you are almost certain to need a hub in your laptop bag.

People arent bagging on the air for its lack of speed. they are bagging on it for the price that is totally undeserved when you are actually getting cheaper system with less features then a apple that is more then $500 less. Gaining one thing. Form factor. Which is NOT a good reason to raise the cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.