Sync Between Macs

Reaction score
Hello

I've had a Mac Book Pro since November and just before Christmas I bought an iMac, really like both of them. My first macs btw.

I use my laptop all day at work and that's where I create most of my files / entries in iCal etc.

I'm using Leopard on both machines and they are both networked at home. I was wondering what the best / easiest way of syncing them is?

I would just like a program that updates my iCal entries and the files and folders that I've created during the day to my iMac when I get home, so I don't have to try to remember what files I created and the things I wrote in iCal.

Does Leopard come with anything that does this?

Or can you recommend any third party software that does this job well?

Thanks

Ricky55

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I belive it does come with software that does that, but I'm not sure...all i can suggest is the .Mac service which you can find at apple.com/dotmac and it costs $99.95 a month

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
^^ That seems mighty expensive to me

OP
Ricky55
Reaction score
It can't be that much, I think you mean per year. Even Apple wouldn't charge that much surely.

I live in the UK anyway, anyone know how much the .mac service costs in the UK?

By the way, what would the .Mac service allow me to do?

Anyone else have any suggestions on this matter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, M1 MacBooks
Yes, I too am very interested in this. Have an iMac and am considering a MacBook but I'm curious what the options are for syncing the two machines. I don't have a .Mac account and don't want one. I was hoping that Leopard had some tools that would make this an easy operation but perhaps not.

Reaction score
Another option to sync between macs

Another option is chronosync. It's a third party app that works great with Tiger. They say it should work with Leopard as well but I haven't tried it yet. I've been using it with Tiger for over a year and it's brilliant. I recommend it.
Best regards,
Maurengo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.