Delicious Library barcode issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I have the app delicious library. And I can't seem to get my imac's isight camera to scan the barcodes of the cds I have. It won't read them. They are mostly Australian cds though. Does anyone know why this is? And does anyone use this feature of delicious library? Does it work for you? And from what country are the cds you are scanning in?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Use mine mainly for DVD's and in the US.
Used it in the beginning, but just didn't work that great for me. Think my problem was never had enough light in the area.

Gave it up and started using the manual add button. Then discovered drag n drop from Amazon. Search Amazon, select your title, then just drag n drop the cover from the browser into Delicious Library. Works like a champ.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Does it scan and not find anything, or does it just not scan the code?
(You can tell by the beep).

If it's the latter:
The problem is mainly that the built-in iSight cameras don't have an auto-focus lens, so you'll need to keep adjusting the distance of the barcode to the camera to get it right.

It takes a bit of practise, but after a while it becomes quite easy to get it right first try.
Let's see if they've been able to improve that in version 2 (due for release soon).

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I have a few US and UK cd singles and after a while it scanned those ok. I found it takes a while to get the distance right for the beep to say the barcode is scanned.

But for Aussie cds, some work ok amazingly. But some, no luck, so I just manually put in the barcode and it works ok. But the site does day it has support for barcodes from certian countries. And Australia is not one of them. That could be the issue. But since some of them work how is good for me. It's much better then the list I was making in text edit.

Thanks both for the replies. Haven't tried the drag and drop thing you have spoken about, but I will when I can. Sounds interesting.

So it seems my issue now is app related. Which hopefully the next update will fix. Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.