Day Planner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
iPhone/iPod Touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Honestly, the iPhone/Touch is a poor supplement to a real planner. For one it doesn't have some planner essentials like a task list or to-do list. Also, it doesn't have the ability to add custom apps that may help you customize and optimize your planning, which are readily available for platforms like Palm OS.

At this point they're just not a good replacement, but hopefully 3rd party apps will change that. The SDK comes out in February and there's no telling exactly how long it will take for developers to come out with any apps, let alone some quality apps. If I needed a full-fledged planner very soon, especially for business, I would probably go with a RIM (Blackberry) or Palm product. There are various programs which make it possible to sync these devices with you Mac.

Since you're posting in the Apps and Games subforum, I guess you could also be talking about an app on your MAc. If that's the case, I really like Entourage. Unlike the Mac programs Entourage brings all your communication and organization apps under one roof, which I really like. Plus, unlike it's cousin Outlook, Entourage has a feature called Projects which can really help you organize any kind of project or major event. I use it to organize my grad school classes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Well, it would be useful to know what kind of things would needed for your dayplanner.

With iPhone and .mac my notes sync right into my inbox. So all of my to dos go there. And with the new firmware with WebClips it's easier than ever to use web apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
^^ heh, I wrote the first 2 paragraphs, then realized what subforum I was in!

Well, it would be useful to know what kind of things would needed for your dayplanner.

With iPhone and .mac my notes sync right into my inbox. So all of my to dos go there. And with the new firmware with WebClips it's easier than ever to use web apps.

How do you get your tasks to go to your iPhone with .Mac? I have .Mac, but I don't know if you would want this since I have probably more than 100 tasks in my list (import from Entourage's project feature which holds all my grad school tasks for the semester). I'll have to check it out to see if it's usable for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't say it was the best way but...

In the Mail App, select your .Mac account. At the top of the window in the middle there is a note button. Hit that, on the first line give it a name, that will show up as the subject. Then make a list of whatever you want. Then click done. The "note" is stored in your .mac inbox and is automaticly synced to your iPhone in you .mac inbox. You can't really edit it on the phone but you can on the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.