Wireless Internet Not Working Using Windows XP w/ boot camp

Reaction score
I installed windows XP with boot camp and everything went perfect. The only problem is the wifi doesn't work with the windows XP side. It doesn't even have the option to detect wireless conections.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and 1 other question, on the windows side, is there a way to use the track pad to click instead of the button? I like clicking the trackpad better than the button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
You'll need to go into windows control panel and set up the wireless network manually. Not as easy as with the Apple side of things.

As for the track pad I believe that if you lft the left finger off and tap with the right it works as a right click. I don't do it so I'm only going from memory of something I read elsewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
You'll need to go into windows control panel and set up the wireless network manually. Not as easy as with the Apple side of things.

As for the track pad I believe that if you lft the left finger off and tap with the right it works as a right click. I don't do it so I'm only going from memory of something I read elsewhere.
you need to tap two fingers on the pad to right click....

--
did you install the mac windows drivers that came with your leopard cd....
just insert the cd while using xp, and the installer will appear.

OP
M
Reaction score
no no no, on my windows side, when i want to just regular click using the pad, it doesnt work. anyway to fix it so it does?

Reaction score
i have the exact same problem for the wireless how did u fix it. i installed drivers from this site http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=13 yet

i have several problems when trying to install the drivers
1. I install the setup files which then install files for a another installation which doesnt work ....
2.when i uninstall the drivers windows automatically asigns (which dont work might i add) it just reinstalls then automaticaly so anoying.

the main problem is i dont no where to get the drivers from as the link i got which im goin to attatch installs (extracts fine) then the setup file works (from the default directory of C:/DRIVERS

then it installs the programme files into

C:/programe files/Lenovo/Wireless/Instal

and there is 3 installs files there

mainctrl.exe (this one looks like the obvious file to run)-run this and nothing happesn
install2k.exe - i run this black cmd flicks up then gos in half a sec
install3x.exe - i run this black cmd flicks up then gos in half a sec

please some1 one help me my computer is intel macbook i can give more specs if needed um tho isnt there just the one intel dual core processor meh enough information for one post .

Reaction score
I have the EXACT same problem....I switch to using windows XP and it says I have no internet connection. I'm on a laptop and it doesnt give me the option to connect to my home wireless cable modem. I dont want to have to set up a new wireless network just to get internet.....Does anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
Ive Got It !!!

Hey
I have been having the same problem with no wireless on xp in bootcamp with MBP
here is what I did

Google 7.7.0.329
the first result I get is
Atheros AR5xxx/AR9xxx Series Wireless Network Diver 7.7.0.329 Windows XP(x32/x64)

download that file

go to OPEN NETWORK SETTINGS
Right click your wireless card should be atheros....something or another....
now
go to properties the General tab Select Configure-on the right at the top
in the new window select the driver tab
select update driver
select install manually and point to where ever you downloaded the driver above to ....Voilia...it worked for me...i think that is all the steps...HOPE I HELPED!!

Reaction score
Hello

Its very very simple for wireless network as well as track pad . Just install CD , that you got with mac book . it does every thing . for trackpad , after installing cd go to boot camp, its in tray of windows click on in set trackpad properties

best regards
Abhijeet S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.