Do you have a publishing software suggestion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Newbie deluxe
Hey everybody. New Mac guy here. We had been using MS Publisher on our PC systems, but now that we have switched to a Mac, was curious if you had any suggestions for a good publishing software. We mostly need something for creating cards, newsletters, business cards, post cards, borders, clip art, templates, etc. Nothing too heavy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Jeff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
The iWork software! Use a program called Pages. It is one of the best publishing tools I have used and beats the pants off of MS Publisher in ease of use and quality of the finished product.

You'll thank me after you use it. And I respond in advance: "You are welcome my friend!"

Reaction score
You might also check out a program called DesktopPublisherPro. It is a desktop publisher program on the same vein as PageMaker and the like. Works quite well and is easy to use, the company is Metis International.

http://www.metisinternational.com

There is also an open source program called Scribus that i have used a little
when i was using linux and it also works fairly decently. You can find it at:

http://www.scribus.net

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
I use pages as my Publisher equivalent.

its easy to use and very useful.

However i do use MS Office 08 :D for all other typing, excel etc...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.