iChat is haunting me

Reaction score
So for a long time, I've been using Adium as my AIM chat client, and my dad recently added leopard to our G5 iMac. Everything worked fine for a while (besides GIMP, but that's fine with me), until mysteriously, when I would get a message from somebody new (did not have an adium window already open), iChat would open itself and hijack the message into it's window. I would close the window, then the following messages would come through on adium just fine. I just became fed up with it, and trashed iChat completely, the App is deleted, but now I am mysteriously getting pop up messages instead, as seen here, keep in mind, this is after I killed iChat.

Anybody have similar problems or ideas on how to fix this? Thanks a lot anybody who tries.

-Sean

Reaction score
That's weird stuff there -- I advise you post that on Apple's ichat support page.

Could be a Trojan -- I was attacked by a new unnamed Trojan which crashes your Mac and still have the file ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
That's weird stuff there -- I advise you post that on Apple's ichat support page.

Could be a Trojan -- I was attacked by a new unnamed Trojan which crashes your Mac and still have the file ...

seriously? are you sure it was a trojan?

and i too suggest reporting it to apple or to the ichat support page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
No its not a trojan lol. I had the same problem before I upgraded to Leopard, never knew what was causing it though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.