Is Apple Cinema Display actually "wide gamut"? good for aRBG?

Reaction score
I'm looking for a monitor that has a true "wide gamut" of colors and does a good job of covering the adobe RBG color space. I've also been looking at the dell ultra sharp 2407wfp-hc monitor. If it came down to it, (and i cant round up the money for a 23" cinema display) would you buy the dell monitor or the 20" apple? Keep in mind that i don't play computer games. I"m only interested in photo editing?

Thanks for any input.

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz Power PC G5
Various review (from good PC reviewers like CNet) have stated that they found the Dell's image quality was less impressive with static images than with video and games. Apparently using a gretag colorimeter the Mac displays colour better ....

OP
K
Reaction score
That doesn't answer my question about whether or not it is wide gamut or not. "Wide Gamut" refers to the range of colors a monitor can display. Also, Cnet's review of that dell monitor is terrible. More scientific reviews say exactly the opposite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I don't believe it does. If you want something with a wide gamut or produces more than 95% of the Adobe RGB color space, check out an Eizo or a LaCie. You will be around $1500 or more but you'll get the wide gamut you're looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz Power PC G5
Yeh I agree .. you get the gamut you pay for with a monitor. Eizo or a LaCie are real expensive for the average user but their gamut is excellent for the Adobe RGB color space .. I'm guessing you are a print designer and want to soft proof your work .. my printer uses LaCie and a colorimeter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.