Video Capture in Photo Booth Sucking?

Reaction score
It's laggy, does anyone one if I can fix this? Or if I can use something different for video capture?

Reaction score
I didn't even know you could use Photo Booth for video capture. Use iMovie. If there's no other input device, it should default to iSight; either that or you can change it to use iSight as the input device.

Reaction score
Open iMovie. There's a little slider to the left of the Play/Pause etc. controls with a little "camera" and "scissors" icons on either side. Click to move the slider to the side with the "camera" icon. If it doesn't automatically default to your iSight, clicking the "camera" icon should give you a drop-down menu with "Built-in iSight" as an option. Now you should be looking at yourself just like in Photo Booth. Now just hit "Record with iSight" and have a blast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Photo Booth can be used to record video under Leopard.

It's probably laggy because you have one of the video effects enabled.
Due to the limitations of the graphics card in the Macbook, enabling effects will cause a fair bit of slowdown as they are rendered "on the fly".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
It's pretty laggy in iMove 08 for me too, as well as photobooth. It's only during capture. It just gets choppy and stuff.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. And if you're going to fix my language at least spell it right. Inquire*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Thanks for the help. And if you're going to fix my language at least spell it right. Inquire*
Haha - fair enough!

Fixed kind sir!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Is the live image choppy, or the resulting video file? I think it's fair if the computer has to drop live preview frames in order to keep the frame rate in the resulting file steady.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.