If I want an iPod Touch with the new Apps, how do I find one?

Reaction score
I assume there are still some left-over iPod touch models out there on the shelves without the new apps, is this a correct assumption? If so, is it easy to tell the new ones from the old ones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I dont think any will come with the new apps for a while. They lowered the price in the store by 20 bucks. So you can get them with the difference.

OP
M
Reaction score
I dont think any will come with the new apps for a while. They lowered the price in the store by 20 bucks. So you can get them with the difference.

I assume that is just the Apple stores that are doing that. I checked a Target and Walmart around here and they are still selling for regular price. I am in no hurry so I figured I'll wait and save $20 once I know they come with the new apps.

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm
just buy a regular ipod touch and add the apps yourself
(mail, maps, stocks, weather, notes)

if you need help with that just pm me, its really simple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
just buy a regular ipod touch and add the apps yourself
(mail, maps, stocks, weather, notes)

if you need help with that just pm me, its really simple

Why? The new ipods should already come with them.

I'm not sure if they are ways to tell but I would buy one and if it didnt have the apps i would take it back and tell them.

.jb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB Black iPhone 3G | 13" Black Macbook 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD @ 7200rpm
Why? The new ipods should already come with them.

I'm not sure if they are ways to tell but I would buy one and if it didnt have the apps i would take it back and tell them.

The posts above =/

I assume that is just the Apple stores that are doing that. I checked a Target and Walmart around here and they are still selling for regular price. I am in no hurry so I figured I'll wait and save $20 once I know they come with the new apps.

I assumption was incorrect. Walmart has updated their prices too.

like i said just buy one and add the apps yourself, either way your getting them, 1 way you get them for free.

Reaction score
BestBuy stores have the new iPod Touch in stock. To find out if the iPods in stock have the new apps, the model number will include a /B at the end. Best buys model number lists the B and the price for the 16GB is $399.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.