GraphicConverter 6 Available

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
This may be "old news" but I just came upon it. GraphicConverter 6 is now available. Depite the boring name, GraphicConverter is a wonderful image editing, viewing and yes, format converting, graphics app. It used to come standard with PowerMacs, which is how I came upon it.

GraphicConverter 6 is available at:

http://www.lemkesoft.com/xd/public/content/index._cGlkPTE5Mw_.html

Version 6 of this fine program adds Photoshop like layer support - lots of other goodies I am sure, but this is the one that stands out to me. It is also worth noting that it fully supports color management, which means that you will see your images exactly as they should be. This is useful for folks shooting in Adobe RGB for example.

Anway, just thought I would let everyone know. I am teetering on the edge of buying a MacBook, just to have a portable Mac for when I travel, and I was looking for a good graphics app to have on it (definitely NOT buying a second copy of Photoshop!). GraphicsConverter will likely get the nod. I have used version 5 for some time, and with layers finally added in v6, it is looking pretty compelling.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.