norton/symantec removal tool

Reaction score
is there a program to fully remove symantec anti-virus....it was giving me some trouble so i deleted it but now everytime i start up my computer it tells me i need to run liveupdate...i can't find anymore symantec files on my hard drive is there anyway to fix this and totally get rid of symantec?? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
I just used the removal tool to rid my wife's Thinkpad of the pre-loaded Norton Internet Security suite, and it worked effectively. However, I think the tool is intended just for use on the Wintel PCs.

See: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

As I recall, Norton has separate files for the program and the Live Update. Are you sure you trashed the Live Update program?

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks i will try that website...yes I am sure i trashed everything...i even used spotlight to search for all the files...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
is there a preferences pane for norton still in preferneces

OP
M
Reaction score
no but i went to that website and was able to find a tool for mac and it worked like a charm. thanks again for the info!!!

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question has nothing to do with Apple Notebook hardware but OS X Applications/Software*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.