connected to network but not connected to the internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13", 10.5.6, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Dear all!

Im having a lot of problems with wireless network.
I use a MacBook with Leopard.

First of all: i am able to see and connect to most networks, however sometimes i am not! In this case i am not.

I do have the wep code and i am able to see the network in my network list.
When i enter the code i am connected to the network (this was before i installed leopard note even possible, it kept telling me `error with connecting to the network`)

No i am connected and have full connection, i try to access the internet with safari and firefox BUT it keeps telling me that i am NOT connected to the internet and therefore i cannot visit websites or use msn, etc....

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???

Can someone please help me!!??

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
i use wpa personal had problems with wep plus wpa is more secure.

Reaction score
Try going to network in system preferences, click on your wireless connection on the left. Click on advanced, then DNS. Add your ISP's IP address in the DNS window. You will probably have 2 DNS addresses showing when you do this. The other should be your router's IP address. After a week of fooling with it, that worked for me. Let me know if it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.