Maybe the most stupid question...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHzCoreDuo 160Gb
Ay, nosy? ;D Here we go: I have my brand new MacBook and thou´ I have a few experiences with windows I am a nerd. The question is: On some sites u can´t log in whithout allowing cookies...they say you can set it in the system preferences by settin it to public...how? Where? And whats the point?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You can actually enable cookies in Safari Preferences, assuming you are using Safari. I have attached a screen shot of the Safari Preferences dialog of interest.

The point? Some web sites are simply coded that way. For example, on Amazon.com, your "shopping basket" is kept in cookies on your machine. I am sure that the same is true of many other such sites. For some non commerce sites, they require cookies just to ensure that they remember things about you between visits. They don't necessarily NEED it - they are just coded that way and so it becomes required.

Hope this helps.

Picture 1.png

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHzCoreDuo 160Gb
Thank you...

...soo much, that was very easy ... I should read more about my new baby :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.