TV Tuner/Sat Tuner

Reaction score
Edge of the Cotswold (Just next to Liz's Gaff!!!)
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2gb, 250gb HD
Hi,

I have just got myself a 24" iMAC which I have to say is stunning! Anyway - I have an old Sky Receiver box in my office which receives the Feeview channels here in the UK. I wondered if there was anyway I could connect this to the iMAC.

I have a one of these which I bought ages ago but the Signal here is so week, its never really worked. However I did wonder if it might work for this situation!

http://www.equinux.com/us/products/tubestick/latestfeatures.html

Any help would be appreciated -

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro quad, 3GHz, 6GB, X1900XT, 24" Samsung & 19" Viewsonic, Tiger
I have a one of these which I bought ages ago but the Signal here is so week, its never really worked. However I did wonder if it might work for this situation!
Can't help you on the specific device, but if a weak signal is a problem then you'll have problems with even the newer devices as well. I live less than 6 miles from an antenna farm on top of a good sized hill and yet I can't get decent signal strength! Of the 12 or so channels in the area, I can get exactly one reliably. I need an external (and higher) antenna. You may have the same problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.