AirTunes and Apple TV?

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to get AirTunes and Apple TV to work together? I suppose this could work by controlling ATV playback from iTunes or hacking and installing some type of AirTunes equivalent on the ATV.

I just think it would be cool to play music on my two Airport Expresses via AirTunes while displaying the currently playing album art on my HD TV.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
Sweet, indeed!

OP
pruppert
Reaction score
So I upgraded to ATV Take Two and really do appreciate the AirTunes ability, however . . .

I've noticed that AirTunes playback through Apple TV is slightly out of sync with the concurrent audio output from my Macbook and the AirTunes via my two Airport Express Base Stations. The audio from Apple TV is about a second delayed, causing a mismatch between AirTunes playback on the TV and my Macbook and other AirTunes devices. Thus, my Macbook and AEBSs are in harmony, but the Apple TV's AirTunes is about a half-a-beat delayed.

Has anyone else noticed this problem or know of a way to remedy it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
So I upgraded to ATV Take Two and really do appreciate the AirTunes ability, however . . .

I've noticed that AirTunes playback through Apple TV is slightly out of sync with the concurrent audio output from my Macbook and the AirTunes via my two Airport Express Base Stations. The audio from Apple TV is about a second delayed, causing a mismatch between AirTunes playback on the TV and my Macbook and other AirTunes devices. Thus, my Macbook and AEBSs are in harmony, but the Apple TV's AirTunes is about a half-a-beat delayed.

Has anyone else noticed this problem or know of a way to remedy it?

i think that has to due with the fact that its not using the i-tunes in your mb.

Reaction score
Airport vs Apple TV

This might not be the correct thread to ask this question, but ...

I would like to be able to play music from iMac with output from Harmon-Kardon receiver. Also would like to show pictures & videos from iMac on 2 separate TV locations.

Can Apple TV handle both requests?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.