• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

help want work

Reaction score
hi,ime quite a new mac user and ive got an emac(combo) running 0sx10.3. for some reason when i start mac help an icon appears in the dock and i start to get the window but then after about 2 seconds the window disapears and help closes down, most strange! can anyone help i would be most gratefull,thanks slipmat79 :confused:

M

m1k

Did you try restarting the computer? Try that, it might help. My help viewer was really slow when I first got my PowerBook, but I restarted, and I think that was what fixed it.

I can't think what else might be causing your problem, though, try restarting and see if that fixes it.

-m1k

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
In finder, open library then preferences. Find the pref files for help and trash them. (there may be 3) When you them open help they will be regenerated and help will work again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.