Can't access full file hierarchy when saving...

Reaction score
I'm new to the mac and have office for windows. When I try and save files I am only offered the top level of my folders. Trying to get to folders at a lower level in the hierachy does not work.

I can see the full hierarchy in finder.

Can anyone help????

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
is there a small arrow next to the file name that you can click? normally this is how to access the entire folder structure.

OP
F
Reaction score
I click that arrow and all I see is the top level folders, and cliking on one of those simply sellects it as the target rather than opening it up and showing the other levels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
double click on the folders to open them up (Double clicking is a very mac thing)

OP
F
Reaction score
All solved! Silly me... there are two boxes with arrows next to them - name of file and one called where. I was clicking the arrow next to the 'where' box and only getting the top level folders, BUT what I really needed to do was click the arrow next to the file name box to get the full hierarchy.

And I was told Macs were intuitive ;-))

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.