macbook startup problems

Reaction score
I'm having a problem everytime i startup my macbook. everytime i start it up it goes through the normal grey osx startup with the apple and loading dial thing. than the screen turns blue, like it does when you normally log in, and also displays the loading dial thing. except instead of going to the log in box, the screen turns black and goes into a dos type screen and says:

Darwin/BSD (Chong-Xiongs-computer.local) (console)
Login:

I've tried logging in but everytime i type in my login name and get to the password part, it won't let me type anything. the cursor dosen't move at all. the only thing i can do is press enter. which just restarts the whole process from the blue screen.

I know all this is pretty confusing, but if anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. thanks.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, tshhater.

Sounds like you're stuck in Single User mode. This Apple Discussions thread might help you, there are a lot of things for you to try. Michael Conniff posts are very informative.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.