Trackpad click and two finger gestures stopped working

Reaction score
I upgraded my laptop to leopard a couple of weeks ago. Since then, or shortly thereafter (I'm not sure) the quick tap on the trackpad to click, and the two finger gestures for scrolling and secondary click stopped working. I checked the system preferences for keyboard and mouse. There are settings for trackpad gestures clicking, dragging and drag lock, the first two are selected. I think here should also be settings for two finger gestures but they're not here. Also I tried rebooting and upgrading the latest updates, but that didn't help. Any help is welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 120GB hard drive
That's weird, I have leopard and I do have all that: System preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Trackpad (at the top). There you can check a box under "Trackpad Gestures" for "Use Two Fingers to Scroll", "Clicking", "Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click" (there are other options too).

HTH!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
Indeed, there is an option :

Use two fingers to scroll.

Do you not have that?

OP
R
Reaction score
Solved

I found the reason why it wasn't working, by coincidence I found out that SideTrack was installed. I cannot remember I did this myself, no idea where this came from. This screwed up things. After uninstalling everything works as before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.