Brightness/volume button problems

Reaction score
ive had my macbook since june of 2007. problem free until i installed leopard a few weeks ago. my volume and brightness buttons on my key board are not working. any suggestions on what this could be or how i could fix it?

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
ive had my macbook since june of 2007. problem free until i installed leopard a few weeks ago. my volume and brightness buttons on my key board are not working. any suggestions on what this could be or how i could fix it?

Try holding Function key (fn) with volume or brightness. Does that work? If so, go to Keyboard and Mouse in System Preferences... and under the Keyboard tab clear the checkbox regarding function keys (F1, F2...).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
Thanks for that tip - that's why I like mac-forums!!

I did just that stoopid thing myself and then I was panicking as I thought the -20C temps outside had messed up the keys as I took it to work today.

Problem solved thanks, Neo - have some reps + :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
nice work. NEO.

Reaction score
Help

I was playing with my settings and now my volume and brightness buttons on my key board are not working. any suggestions on what this could be or how i could fix it? :[ :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.