Series of Unfortunate Events (Help me please?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Problem #1: I'm on DSL (Speedtest.net won't load right now - it's related to my problem) and on WiFi using Linksys WRT54G Router, and life's been a breeze before (it's been 10 months with my MacBook) but my internet experience has been crap lately.

Safari 3 (and Firefox 2 along with Opera) displays much more error messages frequently, like "lost network connection" and "server stopped responding". Sometimes it won't even load pages at all, it would just show a message that says, "Contacting _(site)_" but nothing would happen and it would show "Failed to open page" after a while. There are also times wherein it would load the page but it would leave a lot of images as question marks, or it would just stop loading halfway then it would show a blank page; forcing me to refresh repeatedly. It's really annoying since Macs are optimized for the web, but I've no idea why this is happening.

Problem #2: My Safari's autofill just won't work. It won't fill usernames and passwords (heck, it doesn't even prompt me to save them) and other data. Yes, I do have them checked in the preferences.

Problem #3: Everytime I turn off AirPort and turn it back on and select my wireless network, it will prompt for Keychain Access and I would put in "Always Allow"; and yet it would ask me for the wireless network's password. Over and over again.

Problem #4: This is most shallow, but just in case.. why is it that in Transmission (torrent), it would show that I'm downloading 5 from 75 peers. There are 75 peers for goodness' sake, so why am I just connected to 5?

Conclusion: I have absolutely no idea why in the world these things are happening. I never encountered problems with my MB before and I was so happy with that, but recently I'm downright disappointed. I'm thinking of reinstalling the OS but that would be so much of a hassle. Can anyone please help me? I'm in a serious jam here. :(

I'm sorry for the extremely long post guys, it's just that it would be more disorganized if I made several posts. Please help me! Thanks in advance. :)

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Gee, no one's really replying. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
patience.

1. I guess you have very low signal on your wifi or a dodgy wire.
2. click on safari, click auto fil, check the boxes you want
3. not sure
4. Torrenting shares the peers about. You can't have them all

Conclusion - Be patient next time on the forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Unfortunatly this forum is not a great place for tech support on really tough issues. Your apple store is the better place for that or the apple support line. Most of the people here (but not all) simply aren't able to help you with a issue that goes beyond repairing disk permissions.

On that note if you are using wireless take your router out of the picture and connect directly to your modem with your mac and test from there. Be sure to power your modem off for a minute before you plug your mac into it as modems pair to a single mac address most of the time and need a power down to clear their memory before being plugged into a new device.

You need to do this not only to test it yourself but also because if you call your ISP or Apple this is the first thing they will have you do so may as well save some time. If you still have the problem make a new user account and try as that user. If you still have the problem call your ISP and have them help you. It may be a bad modem dropping packets left and right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.