Problem with Epson Scanner and 10.5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini, MacBook
I recently upgraded from 10.2 to 10.5 (with an new computer). When I tried to upgrade my Epson software for my Perfection 1670 scanner, I could load the old software from my CD (which wouldn't work in 10.5) but I couldn't use the incremental downloads to bring the software up to 10.5 level--they simply would not run right in 10.5. What I eventually did was load 10.4 on an external firewire drive, which would allow the incremental downloads, then copy everything I could find that concerned Epson scanners over the my 10.5 computer. Now everything works except that when I use the Smart panel function and try to due multiple scans for a multi page PDF file, it always cuts out when I go to get the 2nd scan, with a message saying that the scanner is being used by another program or unavailable. This doesn't happen when I boot up in 10.4. Anyone have a suggestion?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini, MacBook
finding my own answer

I had already downloaded the drivers that were suppose to work with 10.5, that wasn't the problem. As it turns out, finally found the solution. In the library for he HD under Image Capture, TWAIN data sources, I had 2 files for my version of the scanner, Epson Perfection 1670.ds; by eliminating the older version my software worked perfectly again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.