Reinstall XP w/out BootCamp Assistant

Reaction score
I have been using Boot camp for about a year now and now I want to restore the partition to a single one, os x, and then just create a new one with boot camp assistant. That's the problem, boot camp assistant has expired. So what is the solution? How could I delete my XP partition and then reinstall it? The reason I want to do this is because i only need about 10 GB for XP not 30 GB, what I originally gave it. Any tips suggestions?

Thanks for reading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Why don't you just resize it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There's a tip on Apple's site for dealing with expired versions of Boot Camp. I believe what you have to do is change the date and time back to a period where Boot Camp was still valid, use the program, and then change the date back. I posted the link here at Mac-Forums just a day or two ago. I'm sure doing a quick search will dig it up for you.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, hey how would I resize the partition? The only utility that I know is gParted but i think that will work tight? Just defrag the XP and then resize it right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I don't use it myself, but iPartition should be a great option. I've used their defrag software, iDefrag, and in general it's held in pretty high regard.
http://www.coriolis-systems.com/iPartition.php

Whatever you do use, if it's a Mac version, be sure it supports NTFS (if you are using that). If you use a Windows version, there's several alternatives out there. PartitionMagic is one of the more well known, but Acronis Disk Director Suite comes highly recommended.

EDIT: I'll just go ahead and specifically recommend iPartition. They specifically announced support for resizing Boot Camp partitions with the latest version. It comes with a light version of iDefrag to run first so your data is all compacted. Their software currently does have issues if run from Leopard, but that's no concern to you since you have Tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.