• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

HELP, Moving Still Images from Aperture into Final Cut Pro 6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz 4GBRAM 750GIG HD FCS2, Aperture.
Hi guys, I'm just wondering the best ways to move many files from my Aperture library into a folder for stills in the Browser window in a Final Cut Pro project I'm working on. Also does it matter how big the pixel size is of the jpeg? I downloaded them from a Canon Eos Rebel XTI. The files are currently at 2816 x 1880. if i need to downsize the files what is a good size that Final cut will like? by the way i would like the images to match the size of the video. my video is in 16:9. Thanks for all your input.

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
I don't know anything about Aperture as I prefer Photoshop, but I'd recommend just exporting all of the pictures you want to use into a simple folder on the desktop. Then when in Final Cut Pro, import the folder. Drag the pics to the timeline (the default length is 10 seconds and you can change each pic to be any length you want, even 40 hours or more!) That's it! The higher resolution of the pictures, the better. That way you can zoom in on them and move them around, etc, so your audience is less bored. Don't worry about the 16:9 thing. If your timeline is set to anamorphic (as it should be) then dragging the photos into the timeline with squish them as they should be in such an instance. When it's all said and done, they will look proper. Have fun!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz 4GBRAM 750GIG HD FCS2, Aperture.
Thanks so much for the response. This Board has been such a big help for me. You guys are a tremendous help. You are easing the Final Cut learning curve, big time

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
Good. Final Cut rules!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.