macbook problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK, 2 gig, 160g HDD, 13 inch
Ok a couple days ago i was listening to my itunes on my macbook, all of a sudden it starts to skip (like a cd) so i turn the mac off. Well when i went to turn it back on, it went to the first gray screen for like 2 min, then it went black and "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" came up on the screen. So i pulled the HDD out thinking it was gone cause it started to make that ticking sound. well i went to the apple store, they said it was the hdd, so i ordered another one. put it in said the exact same thing. So im thinking its not the Hdd, i tried to other 2 i have as well (the original and one out of my buddies mac). So i dont have the slightest clue whats going on. Any help would be appreciated...

Rob

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, i figured id try a hardware test. it said everything is fine.
ok new HDD - check
hardware test- done

could it be the logic board?
i sure hope it isnt.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok so the last thing i know i do a PRAM reset thingy guess what.. IT WORKS.... The mac is ALIVE..

mods.. you can delete this..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.