Setting up a Windows-Mac Network

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here and to the mac world in general. I have adopted to it fairly well without an help, but Im confused on how to get my mac to find my network and share files in it. My current setup is a Windows Vista PC with a 200 gig USB 2.0 HD hooked up to it on my network.

I just bought a Macbook Pro and since its kindof constrained on HD space(150gig), I would like for it to be able to connect to my network and find the 200 gig hd. I cant figure out how even to detect the network, and I'm not sure if the file system will even detect on mac? If anyone could help me out, that would be great. I have done a little searching but I'm so new to mac and most the tutorials I found weren't even for leopard so I got lost.

OP
A
Reaction score
EDIT: I didnt search hard enough, looking at the main page of the Networking forum(a few posts below mine), A similar question was asked. I found from a post there goto finder and goto the find a server option, then enter smb://192.168.1.* . Sorry, You can lock or delete the posts here, or keep them for indexing reasons.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.