Limewire to iTunes - Denied

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just downloaded Limewire and am having trouble with it. It works fine by itself. In iTunes, the downloads show up in the Shared Folder and I've got importing enabled. But When I try to import I get a message that says:

"Attempting to copy to 'Music Drive' failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation. iTunes could notsave to your music folder because you do not have write access. Check the permissions on your Music Folder and folders in your Music Folder, then try coping this file again."

All of my music saved on an external HD but I wouldn't think that would be a problem. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Limewire generally is used for illegal downloading....I would be very careful about downloading anything from any p2p programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hello everyone. I just downloaded Limewire and am having trouble with it. It works fine by itself. In iTunes, the downloads show up in the Shared Folder and I've got importing enabled. But When I try to import I get a message that says:

"Attempting to copy to 'Music Drive' failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation. iTunes could notsave to your music folder because you do not have write access. Check the permissions on your Music Folder and folders in your Music Folder, then try coping this file again."

All of my music saved on an external HD but I wouldn't think that would be a problem. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Only thing I can think of is that you don't have full privileges on your account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
I've never gotten Lime Wire to work, but the programs Poisoned and Frost Wire seems to work fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.