Apartment wireless issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac
Ok I have two questions actually.

1- I have a 24" Imac and we just got cable internet in our apartment. My gf has a 1.5 year old toshiba laptop and we were both "borrowing" wireless successfully. Now that I am plugged into the internet I want to get her onto my signal....how?

2-I can't figure out how to set my signal to wireless, but with security, like a password. Do I need to get a wireless router?

Thanks.
Rob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
In order to have more than one machine share a single Internet connection, you will need a router of some sort. I would suggest getting a wireless router since you guys are used to getting wireless Internet.

Check out models by Linksys, D-Link, Belkin, and Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, iphone
i just got the linksys WRT54G wireless router today for my apartment. too about 30 mins to set up and works great. the setup disc they give you makes installation a breeze and youre easily able to change your wireless settings. i would recommend it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.