Updating CD Info once in iTunes????

Reaction score
I ripped my entire CD collection several years ago when I had Win machines. When I went to iTunes and Mac about 2 years ago, I imported all that stuff. Several CDs did not have track, artist or other info. I'm trying to figure out how to update that information through freedb or other. iTunes says I have to re-rip the CD - all the CDs (over 300) are safely stored away and I'm not gonna go digging for the dozen or so I'd need.

Is there any other way to get that info into iTunes (other than updating each track, one-by-one through the "Get Info" option)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
First off... I have to say that your avatar is, by far, the coolest one I've ever seen. LOL!

Ok... these cds lacking info.. try this software called Tunatic. The software listens to the song, transmits some info to a server, then returns what it thinks it is. Best of all... it's FREE!
http://www.wildbits.com/tunatic/

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Is there any other way to get that info into iTunes (other than updating each track, one-by-one through the "Get Info" option)?

You can do all the tracks for a single artist or album at once, just select all the ones you want to change (say for a particular artist) then select Get Info change the field you want to set (like the artist name) and hit OK. It will probably give you a warning but you can safely ignore it.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
^ What he said, I've just been running the CMD+A to select all and batch editing in the information required, also enables me to drag and drop album artwork to the cover art box from Safari too which I have found great for say, large collections of random MP3's that are not attached to a particular album.

A friend suggested iEatBrainz which sounds similar to Tunatic - any good?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.