Powerpoint 2008 - Better than Keynote 08?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
State what you think below and why i am interested what the mac community thinks with the release of the new Office Suite.

Thanks

Jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Is this akin to asking if a Toyota Camry is better than a Honda Accord? Very similar products with manufacturer specific differences.

My thought is that the Keynote/Powerpoint debate is similar. I am not sure which is "better", or at the very least, would say that "better" is fairly subjective in this case, and dependant upon the use you are going to make of the package. My two cents.

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
Well then how about we make the topic unsubjective for the duration of my post :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can get Powerpoint to create sleek looking slides but it takes real effort.

Keynote creates very slick slideshows right out of the box. Powerpoints templates are quite frankly awful.

I have used Powerpoint a lot and it usually provokes me in to using colorful language. Powerpoint is a shopping trolley of a program, you try and steer it one way and it just veers off and collides into a stack of bean tins.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Keynote is much simpler, with a better ui, but the rest of office 08 is better than numbers/pages (in my opinion)so i got office and have to use powerpoint

Reaction score
I guess I can add to this being a fairly new Mac user. I was always intimidated by Powerpoint, and really almost never used it.

Keynote however, made me want to learn it and I have created a few presentations. It helps to get some books that will put you through an exercise to create stuff, this way you learn in a methodical way. I have iWork 08 from the Apple Training Series. by Richard Harrington and RHED Pixel. It comes with a CD and all kinds of exercises for Pages, Keynote and Numbers. I got the same series for iLife 08.

Having said the above, I don't use this for work, so I can use whatever I want. If you need this for work and you are required to prepare complex presentations, then you might not want to spend the time learning it.

Keynote is much simpler, with a better ui, but the rest of office 08 is better than numbers/pages (in my opinion)so i got office and have to use powerpoint

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.