Strange FileVault problem...

Reaction score
I have a big problem. When I login to my account, it stops and computer doesn't work any more. I had once a typical filevault problem that was a little bit like this but than spotlight appeared and after a restart I could login with safe reset but now I can't.

Someone could help me?

Thank the advance!

Reaction score
When you say safe reset, do you mean that you can start in Safe Mode? If that is the case, then you should probably try to turn off File Vault, let it extract, then do the standard Repair Disk and Repair Disk Permissions, turn off everything in the Startup items. Then restart normally.
Might want to do a full back up of your Home directory while you are at it! If that cures the blues, turn FV back on.
Side note, if you can restart in Safe Mode, make a new admin enabled User account that does not use FV. See here:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25695

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank for your answer!
Yes, I meant Safe Mode but last time it let me login with safe mode and I could turn off filevault but right now I can't login! not even in safe mode!
I already tried disk utility too.

Reaction score
You can boot from the install CD and run Disk Utility, Repair Disk?
What happens when you try to boot in Safe Mode? Remember that is does take much longer because it runs fsck and flushes font caches...

OP
D
Reaction score
Ive already made repair disk.

When I boot in Safe Mode, I get to login window, I write my password and after than I stops. The blue apple background appears and thats it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.