Can't trash items, new mac user

Reaction score
I was downloading widgets today and tried to delete a few of them. There are two that I can't delete, gallery.wdgt and spectrum v3. Every time I try I get the message "The operation cannot be completed because the item "qaop.jar" is in use." and "The operation cannot be completed because the item "Gallery.jar" is in use.", respectively. I don't know what's going on or how to shutdown said apps. Help please, I'm a new Mac user.

T

todd51

Are the widgets currently on the Dashboard? If so then that means that they are in use, try taking them off of the Dashboard. Then do a restart and trash them.

OP
GringoBoy87
Reaction score
No they're no on my Dashboard. When I was deleting widgets I used the "Manage Widgets" tool.

OP
GringoBoy87
Reaction score
Well I just downloaded the spectrum wdgt again and then deleted it, and was able to get rid of everything. Should of done that in the first place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminium PowerBook G4 first gen
Well. Open terminal (located in Utilities in Applications.). Then:

cd .Trash

rm -R "filename"

(Without the qoutes.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.