garageband instruments 08

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
I was playing with my cousin's new macbook he got this week and his garageband has more sounds than mine. It gives him an option to download garageband instruments 08. I have Ilife 08 because I just bought my macbook when they updated in november. When I go to software update It tells me I have the newest verion. How can I get garageband instruments 08?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I was playing with my cousin's new macbook he got this week and his garageband has more sounds than mine. It gives him an option to download garageband instruments 08. I have Ilife 08 because I just bought my macbook when they updated in november. When I go to software update It tells me I have the newest verion. How can I get garageband instruments 08?

You could try re-installing GB-08 from the iLife disc and then starting it up, I did that recently and a pop-up window informed me about the extra instruments. I had to wait an hour or so for it to download them though!

Amen-Moses

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ilife came pre-installed on my macbook. Does an Ilife cd come with it? I didn't pay attention

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Ilife came pre-installed on my macbook. Does an Ilife cd come with it? I didn't pay attention

You should have some install disks, one of them contains the iLife apps.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
On the MacBook garageband when you click on loops viewer and goto view a loop it will say updates are available, but not update. What you need to do is close garageband and insert disk 2 that came with the new MacBook this will auto-load garage band updates/loops installation.

Hope this helps.

SoLucky.;D

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On the MacBook garageband when you click on loops viewer and goto view a loop it will say updates are available, but not update. What you need to do is close garageband and insert disk 2 that came with the new MacBook this will auto-load garage band updates/loops installation.

Hope this helps.

SoLucky.;D

when I insert disc 2 U get a "To install Mac OS X and the applications that came with your computer, use the Mac OS X Install Disc 1. Double-click "Install Mac OS X and Bundled Software" and follow the onscreen instructions." message. when I install disc 1 garageband is greyed out. Can't I download em on my cousins macbook and copy them to mine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.