problem with my MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hi,

I got my MacBook Pro 3 days ago.. any ways, yesterday the laptop was working perfectly & today I got up and when ever I start up the laptop it shutdowns. First, I hear the beep on start up, then I see the Apple logo, then I see the thing under the apple logo loading.. and then it goes like this for 1 mint and reboots.. and the same thing again and again..

I tried connecting my other laptop to it using firewire and booting & pressing the "T". I could see the partitions and all the files.. so the hard disk isn't damage like what I thought...

then, I tried to boot and press "Shift" to in with safe mode.. but, same thing happened..

any other things I could do??

OP
mo_mughrabi
Reaction score
Turn out its something wrong with the operating system. Its very strange, this never happened to me with Tiger... any ways, luckily I've been using Time machine and its time to see how its will restore everything:)

OP
mo_mughrabi
Reaction score
time machine is a nightmare!!! it was easy to point my driver and start the recovery and true I started exactly from where I were. Its only my emails were not retrieved correctly... I had folders with every category in specific folder and when retrieved everything went to the inbox... spent the last 7 hours putting my emails back as it use to be...

any idea why this happened?

Reaction score
ITs doing the same thing with my Macbook Pro.. with 10.5.1
It actually started doing it after last update..

I was able to start it and load it again by putting in the old install disc (macbook OX 10.4.6) and when it states to goto start up, I pick the new start up and starts fine.. After that you could take the disc out.. Its very annoying..

I don't know what the cause this but i was able to do this procedure 2 twice when the computer kept trying to load.. I'm guessing something to do with startup being bad.. I don't know..

Hope someone has a solution to this.. I'm starting to hate APPLE as I've had nothing but issues since the 1st Macbook and now this.. Yikes! Apples are becoming the old PCs..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.