Securing Wireless Network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
I have a small problem. I bought my cable modem/router while I still used a PC. Come to find out, its drivers only works with Windows. My wireless network is currently unsecured. I'm not sure how to go about securing my wireless network when the drivers for the modem are for Windows only. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It'd be more helpful if you could provide the make/model of your router. Have you checked their website for info?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
Yes, I have checked the Linksys website, and the driver is only for Windows. The model # is WCG200 (Linksys). I thought there was some way to go into your router from a browser.... 192.168.x.x?

Reaction score
Try 192.168.1.1 and if the router is still factory default use username = admin / password = admin. That should bring you to the routers browser page. Should be a tab that says wireless security or something like that, click it. Should be able to choose WPA, WPA2, WEP, etc from this screen. Might want to temporarily hook up your ethernet cable to the router though, my linksys does not like to be altered when your using wifi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.