Anyone here bought an iMac refurb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
Just curious. Apple sells'em at a reasonable discount complete with 1 year warranty... just wondered whether you get beat-up stuff or maybe they really go through it and its dead nuts perfect when you get it?

Reaction score
Lots of folks on here buy refurbs from Apple. From their reports, you can't tell the difference between refurb and new. Apple will replace parts that may look worn. In addition to the standard 1 year warranty, they are eligible for Apple Care as well! I wouldn't hesitate to buy if the price is right.

Reaction score
I am looking to buy my first Mac and I have considered buying a refurbed unit. My mac-using friend of mine has bought a couple of refurbed computers in the past and he hasn't had any problems with them and he said they look brand new.

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
They also note on their web site that some additional software may be included which suggests that the former owner or store that was using it as a demo, is leaving the software installed? You can save about $300 on a iMac Xtreme 2.8 setup. Its very tempting, then again... I was wondering if Apple store employees get a discount... I heard they're hiring.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Just bought my second iMac.
This was a refurbished 20".
Came packed as new.
Came with Leopard and a wireless mouse.
Very Happy with it.
Saved AU$200 and it only took 23 hours from ordering to opening box...

k3s

Reaction score
Yep you cant tell the difference. Maybe minute scratches, but nothing noticeable unless you are looking for them. Great products, i bought my macbook refurbished and it is great. I also bought my ipod nano refurbished awhile ago and works great and looked brand new. Everyone in my family who own macs have refurbished macs and non have had any problems.

Reaction score
I just bought a refurb a few weeks ago. It is my first mac. While there were no problems, I think I will go a different route next time. The Apple online store charges tax, so that kicked my 20" 2.4ghz iMac up to $1400. For just a few dollars more, I could have ordered a new one from macmall (i think tax-free, but not sure about shipping). It would have been brand new and came with Parallels and a printer. I just didn't see macmall until after I had ordered. Regardless, my refurb was pristine and is making me very happy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
My macbook was a refurb, and I wouldent no if it dint say it on the box! great and I would go refurb all the way saves money witch then could be spent on apps ect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.