Some of my latest photoshop work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Hey everyone :) Just thought id post some pictures of my latest photoshop work, feedback is always appreciated :)

Rose.jpg

Skate-1.jpg

Parrot.jpg

DSC_0001_8.jpg

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
That's all great! I love Photoshop, and I'd like to think that I'm OK with it.. but looking at your stuff, I suck. Haha.

Very nice work!

OP
TenderSurrender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey thanks iLindzo!

The effects ive created there are fairly simple to acheive and only require a little patience (and im not one for patience :p)

Glad you liked them :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
those are outstanding photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
some nice work there. First is good, but it looks like the highlights have been lost a bit.

2nd is pretty cool, but beware of using certain/too many filters. This image retains a lot of style with the effects you used, and really suits the theme. Looking closely, I think you might have only used invert colours with an artistic brush filter. Inverting can be dangerous waters though, I think it worked great here.

Much nicer for the 3rd, but I see some parts in the tail, and possibly the feet where you've actually desaturated where you shouldn't have. If you're masking, best thing to do is to view the mask as a channel (if you're unsure how to do that, just ask ;)) so you can immediately see any spots missing.

I think the 4th is a little overdone. It looks like a screen shot of a desaturated photo with a quickmask. Just a little tip - put a guide on the horizon, and rotate the image to match it. It's off ever so slightly, but that little problem can really stand out. Best thing to do, is either shoot at a more dramatic angle (so it looks intentional), or straighten it up.

Overall, some interesting work :) Keep at it!

OP
TenderSurrender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the compliment fearlessfreap :D

Dtownley - Cheers for the feedback i really appreciate you taking time to give your advice :) If you dont mind, id love to learn how to mask as a channel, it might make my life easier :p

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Thanks for the compliment fearlessfreap :D

Dtownley - Cheers for the feedback i really appreciate you taking time to give your advice :) If you dont mind, id love to learn how to mask as a channel, it might make my life easier :p

~~ TS ~~

channels are stored as a separate tab under the layers palette. Personally, I use them to save selections (and to load later) and to assist in creating complex selections.

You can apply a mask to any layer through the layers palette (there's a button down the bottom) It works the same as a channel though, except it's partnered with a layer. White areas represent visible parts of the layer, black parts represent masked areas.

If you're using a layer mask, here are a couple of shortcuts that can make life a lot easier.

Option+click the layer mask to view it as a channel. It can be edited exactly the same way, but if parts of the mask are missing, it's here that they're most visible. *Note* From this view, it's possible to select all, copy and paste into another mask if need be. It won't affect the artwork layer, only the mask.

Shift+click the layer mask to quickly turn it on or off.

The advantage to masking, is that you're never losing details. You never need to erase part of an image, and it's always editable.

You can deal with masks exactly the same way for adjustment layers. (which are found at the bottom of the layers palette)
In this way, you can apply a hue/saturation adjustment layer to your photo, desaturate, then simply paint (or use paths, selection tools) to create a mask to hide the desaturation effect and reveal the original colour. Saves a lot of messing around, and allows for fine tuning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I thought since everyone was in the mood for some criticism, why not shove some of mine in as well.
@Tendersurrender: If you feel I'm obstructing, lemme know I'll delete mine.

Goobi the monster. This is Goobi, chilling out and thinking of fish (as usual). This is actually a six year work in progress which started out as a stupid line drawing on my college notebook. Found it the other day and thought I'd better it a bit.

This one has small cat, and extremely small cat taking a nice nap. I just started working on this. Still need to get the shading and colours right.

Hit me with it.

OP
TenderSurrender
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No worries 'bout adding your pictures dude, might be a good thread to have them all in :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
love the work....great colors....composition on the parrot seems off...also scateboard too centered in shoot...it could be improved with the board lower in the picture.....absolutely love the contrast in the harbour and clouds in the last shoot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.