Adium Question

Reaction score
I think Adium is great, but is there a way to display offline people, because it looks kind of empty. Can you also tell me any other tips that might be useful for adium

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
If you go to View, you can select Show Offline Group. In fact, they even have a new feature with the latest update that allows you to pick and choose who you'd like to be shown at all times. <-- Doesn't matter if they're online or not.

As for other useful tips... just play around with it. I suggest hitting up the extras section of Adium and checking everything out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I have a question too and I'm also first time Adium user.

How do I save my message text color? so it's saved premently till next time I change it.

I have had purple as a color then when I use adium later the color is back to black and I don't want to have to go to color everytime I use Adium. There is not save or apply button in the color box so I don't know how to save my color choice.

Reaction score
I cant figure out where to store new icons. Anyone else figure that out? Plus animated .gif's dont seem to animate either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Book 2.2 4GB ram 160GB
Originally posted by KiwiJenn

How do I save my message text color? so it's saved premently till next time I change it.

I have had purple as a color then when I use adium later the color is back to black and I don't want to have to go to color everytime I use Adium. There is not save or apply button in the color box so I don't know how to save my color choice.

I have the same problem, everytime you restart the program you have to re-set the color because it doesn't seem to save it.

If anyone can help, please chime in.

Reaction score
My colors seem to stay the same, then again I reset all my preferences.

Current problem: How do I stop all the email notifications from staying on the screen? When i get home theres like 20+ I always have to click "OK" to and its getting annoying.

Reaction score
you can also change preferences for specific buddies, if you secondary click(two finger tap on a trackpad or ctrl + click) on the name, then click on get info and look at the settings pane, you can check the box that says "always show this contact regardless of status"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

Once you change your settings within the preferences, they should stay. I've
never had to go back in and change mine back to what they were the previous day.

I cant figure out where to store new icons. Anyone else figure that out? Plus animated .gif's dont seem to animate either.

When you say new icons, do you mean for your personal icon? If you go into the Accounts and then click on the username and click edit in the bottom right, you can change/save your icon within there.

My colors seem to stay the same, then again I reset all my preferences.

Current problem: How do I stop all the email notifications from staying on the screen? When i get home theres like 20+ I always have to click "OK" to and its getting annoying.

Same way as above... go to Preferences > Accounts > Click on the username and click edit in the lower right hand corner. From in there, you should be able to change your email settings. I just did mine for Yahoo because I was getting tired of it letting me know about my new emails.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
You can save your icon wherver you want and pick it as your icon using the right click>choose picture under accounts. I'm not sure if .gifs with animation would work since it's accessing the raw file but they might. I wouldn't know.

It's pretty cool because you can use any picture you want basically.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Thanks for your help guys n girls:) I learnt a few more things about Adium from here now, as well as the font color

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.