Network Probs

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here so please go easy on me...

My question regards Windows & Mac files being transferred (either way) on a network. I am able to access shared documents on my sister's PC; however, although I have enabled Windows Sharing on my System Preferences on my MAC (G4 OS X), I am prompted on Windows PC to enter a password. I enter my user password that I have on my MAC but it does not accept it. So I am stumped on what to do now as there are some large files that I would like to transfer from my MAC to PC.

If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate this.

Drew

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Use the password on your PC, not the one on your Mac

OP
D
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:
Use the password on your PC, not the one on your Mac

But for my PC there isn't a User of a Password. Its just an automatic login. I've tried leaving it blank and maybe any password that would be the password, but none of them come up.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Drew_Ty said:
But for my PC there isn't a User of a Password. Its just an automatic login. I've tried leaving it blank and maybe any password that would be the password, but none of them come up.
Hmm, thats odd...

I

iPod

Under your user account prefs on your Mac, turn on the "Let Windows Users Log On" option. then restart your PC and at the log-in screen, type in your Mac username and password. this should enable you to access your mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.