How long before a MacBook Air Upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Looking at the time it took for MacBook (6 months) and mbp (7 months) to get updates, how long can we expect it to be before apple updates the mba?

Also, is it possible they already have a better model ready, and are waiting to release it later???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Anything is possible isn't it. What possible value do you hope to derive from conjecture though?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
well the time frame seems sort of consistent, and I probs wont have enough money to get one for ages, and was hoping it woud get updated in 7/8 months (OR get cheaper)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Probably the only thing you're going to see for a while is the regular incremental memory/processor upgrades, which aren't worth holding out for because the time/value of that is essentially zero.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Also, is it possible they already have a better model ready, and are waiting to release it later???

I would say there's a HUGE chance this is true, not just for apple, but for any technology company.

You can't wait a product get outdated to put money in research and development of newer products. It's also true that having a great product ready to be announced doesn't mean a company has to do it. It will always depend on the economic cycle of the products being sold, or the competition announcements.

A product like this costs millions of dollars to develop. It's possible there's something more revolutionary than this in his closet, but they have to profit from this project first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Looking at the time it took for MacBook (6 months) and mbp (7 months) to get updates, how long can we expect it to be before apple updates the mba?

Are people already asking about an update for the Macbook Air?

Come on, it's the same answer as all the other threads. We don't know!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, apple have the tendancy to suddenly update their products, so its annoying when you get something and then it gets updated/ discounted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Also, apple have the tendancy to suddenly update their products, so its annoying when you get something and then it gets updated/ discounted
I don't think they are going to update a product a week after it was released ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Dude come on, the thing just came out and your already asking when there going to upgrade it.

TWM

Reaction score
well, if they do upgrade it, it would be nice if they would put an optical drive in it just like every other ultra portable notebook out there. and for the price, you would think it would at least be able to do the same thing as the cheaper, and not much bigger macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I would wait for a 2nd Gen air before I bought one... I hope. Probably as soon as I see one in person I won't be able to help myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
well i think as its new it will be longer than most (6months+) as apple will want people to start buying them and see people with them and then go get one so a fast up date is not really going to happen i think they will be left the same or might have one or to more add on options nothing to fancy for another year.

then a bigger upgrade

but it all comes down to how well the thing sells if there selling apple will not want to upgrade to much to fast as people will not be very happy about it i mean look at the iphone price drop.

but if its not selling apple will prob give it a upgrade to boost sales and help kick start the mba in about 6months

but i think this is a daft thread as we dont know and this is all just conjecture

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know, noone knows, but it was just a bit of speculation thats all. thought id throw it out there!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.