DVD Shrink

T

thebluemonkey

Hi!

Anyone know a software like dvd shrink for mac to back up my dvd?

Thank's!

OP
M

m1k

DVD X-Copy rocks. The company recently went under, so you can get it for a really cheap price.

Good luck!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Isn't DVD X-Copy illegal because of the DMCA? Or am I thinking of something else?

OP
T

thebluemonkey

m1k said:
DVD X-Copy rocks. The company recently went under, so you can get it for a really cheap price.

Good luck!

I haven't seen anywhere if it works on mac, did it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Absolute Zero said:
Isn't DVD X-Copy illegal because of the DMCA? Or am I thinking of something else?

Don't know DVD X-Copy, but any software that removes copy protection (CSS on DVDs) is illegal.

OP
M

m1k

Whoops, forgot that DVD X-Copy is only for Windows. Sorry.

DVD X-Copy wasn't illegal, but pretty much every major DVD-producing company sued the pants off DVD X-Copy, and they couldn't afford to keep up the lawsuit, so they might have won but they couldn't afford it so they went under.

Your best bet is to just buy the DVD :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I'm thinking of Games-X Copy... sorry about that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
i use mactheripper and dvd2one to back up my dvds, then toast to burn them on DVD. I really like dvdshrink for windows but dvd2one is the best program out there for the mac in my opinion.

OP
T

thebluemonkey

I found something that look really great, fastdvdcopy, I will give it a try I think!

If anyone have tried it fell free to leave your comments!

Thank's again for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
thebluemonkey said:
I found something that look really great, fastdvdcopy, I will give it a try I think!

If anyone have tried it fell free to leave your comments!

Thank's again for your help!
I have tried it. It's pretty good, but it's false advertising that they call it "Fast" DVD Copy. Your best bet is probably to use the 3 applications (DVD Backup, DVD2One and Toast or some other burning application). It's probably more complicated, but it works out to about the same price, and it allows you to copy the DVD to your computer and burn it later (whereas Fast DVD Copy only allows you to make a straight disk-to-disk copy).

OP
W

WilliS

i use mactheripper and dvd2one to back up my dvds, then toast to burn them on DVD. I really like dvdshrink for windows but dvd2one is the best program out there for the mac in my opinion.

i was about to post nearly the exact same message...
ive backed up around 100 dvds in my collection... mactheripper is wonderful rips every dvd i give it, even newest ones. then i use dvd2one to make it 4450mb so it fits on a disc, then i open up toast, make a new disc, name it, and put the video_ts file in it, and burn away...

if you want something that works, this combo does... take it from someone with 100+ burned dvds :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.