Black boxes appearing around dialogue boxes etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, White, 1.8GHz Power PC
Hello, I'm new and I hope someone can help me with this problem please!

Basically, on my colleague's Mac at work she keeps getting these strange black and grey boxes which appear around menu items and the dialogue boxes. It's not a huge problem, just an annoyance for her that we'd like to get rid of if possible please! I've attached a couple of screenshots below to illustrate the problem. We'd be really grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of them!

Thanks in advance.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
That looks like something in Univeral Access, in Preferences, for partially-sighted users or something.

M

MacHeadCase

Look below your thread in the Similar Threads section. This question has been asked many times before and the answer is there. Please use the forum search.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, it's possible that something may have been activated by mistake, I'll ensure everything in Universal Access is switched off and see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
It's the VoiceOver cursor, in System Preferences, Universal Access, Seeing, Voiceover Utility. Turn off the Show Voiceover Cursor option on the Display tab.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's the VoiceOver cursor, in System Preferences, Universal Access, Seeing, Voiceover Utility. Turn off the Show Voiceover Cursor option on the Display tab.

Thanks, someone must have activated it by mistake, all sorted now. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.