iSight Quality...?

J

Joeytpg

ok, i'm on the verge of buying two iSight, one for me and one for my girlfriend, since i'll be leaving to spain in about a month, we need to keep in contact and maybe save some money in long distance calls.

So iSight was a great options as far as i know!..... my question is this:

1- how's the video conference quality with isight?....i've read reviews saying it's amazing.....it's has the most real-time video conference out of all the webcames in the market. is this true??

2- i'll be in spain and she'll be here in dominican Republic (Carebbean) so we'll be pretty much on the oposite side of the world. Can we video conference and TALK, using isight??, so that we can communicate as if it was a phone?.....is there much lag in the conversation? is it clear?

thanks for the responses.

OP
W

Wapa18

if you both have broadband internet, i don't think you'lll have that hard of a time getting good quality out of it. that's just my opinion, though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I have one and my dad has one at home since I am at school and the quality is superb. I get about 20 fps with it and no lagging. I highly recommend it (just make sure you both have a good connection)

OP
C

ChicoWeb

trpnmonkey41 said:
I have one and my dad has one at home since I am at school and the quality is superb. I get about 20 fps with it and no lagging. I highly recommend it (just make sure you both have a good connection)

I agree, connection is key. If you are on say a wireless connection, it may lag a bit. I was actually going to do the same thing for my gf and I. She was going to move across CA. but it ended up not happening.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, it doesn't depend on the camera as much as it will depend on the connection.

For example if you have the option of using 1 or 3 mbit dsl, it'll work better than on 768kbps dsl...

At least this is my experience with dsl & video conferencing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
i had tried on my lan it as excellent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've had conversations before with people in Australia and the quality was excellent!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
While the connection is a very important part of it the iSight does have superior picture quality to any other webcam you will find

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.