Rotate monitor display

C

Cloudane

I've noticed that the picture on the LCD is rotated slightly clockwise (similar to if you take a monitor and use its rotate function). On the little 12" screen it isn't really noticable as it's only a few pixels, but I just plugged a 19" CRT in and found that it's also rotated clockwise - but on such a large screen, it's highly noticable.

I presumed that it was a minor issue with the LCD screen itself, but going by how the CRT has the same problem (it's straight when plugged into the PC) I guess the actual display output is somehow rotated.

Are there any tweak tools that provide a rotate function to put the display how it should be?

OP
M

m1k

Call Apple. My 12" PB doesn't have that problem at all, I've plugged it into a 20" TV and there was nothing wrong. It's probably something with your PB in particular. Call Apple and j00 will be teh happy.

OP
C

Cloudane

Just tried the CRT on PC again and it does look a bit rotated, so I guess it's not the Apple after all (although its display is rotated by about 1 pixel, I couldn't justify paying for AppleCare so they'd probably tell me to eff off)

OP
C

Cloudane

Well, it's not the PB anyway (LCD is still rotated by like 0.1º but I can handle that) Thanks for the suggestion

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.