File Sharing Between XP and Leopard

Reaction score
I have searched these forums and the web for about 3 hours now and have tried just about everything to be able to share files between my MacBook (Leopard) and my Tablet PC (Windows XP). I have 4 other computers in the house and I can see them just fine under the shared tab in finder when I go look at my files. Those I can connect to just fine and I can view those files no problem. The issue is with my tabelt. It always says connection failed when I double click that computer name. Anyone who can give me any pointers would be appreciated greatly.

Thank you in advance,

JiggyMatt

http://web.mac.com/matthewryanharris/Matts_Homepage/Welcome.html

OP
JiggyMatt
Reaction score
I got it to work. I forgot to restart my tablet after changing the network on it. Dang windows! Oh well. Either way it works great now and I am happily storing 50GB of movies on my PC and can play them on my mac anytime I want and have the luxury of not storing them locally.

If anyone has any questions about how I did this then send me a PM and I would be happy to try and help. Or catch me on AIM "JiggyMatt" as well.

Adios!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.