• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

i have a virus guys help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
holy crap guys i cant believe it i just got my mac powerbook 12 inch (lol) and i got a virus holy freaking crap this is scaring me so much i cant have this help me get rid of it

Yeah, I have a virus. Not a computer virus, but a virus. And I should be sleeping, but I can't. So here I am.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Hope you are better soon! :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
witeshark said:
Hope you are better soon! :)
Thanks witeshark...

I should move all my stuff into the bathroom, since thats where I have been most of the day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Yeah, get well soon, Abs... ;)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Avalon said:
Yeah, get well soon, Abs... ;)
Thanks Avalon...

Abs is a new name for me... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Absolute Zero said:
Thanks Avalon...

Abs is a new name for me... :p

Well, just too lazy to write Absolute Zero... :p

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Most people just call me "AZ". But "Abs"... :D

Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better today, and I need to eat.

N

Nightblade

You didn't specify what type of virus, but I'll assume it's a common cold virus, right?

Anyway, hope you get better soon Absolute Zero! Remember to drink lots of liquids (particularly warm ones, like chicken soup and tea with honey in it), stay in bed, and if your nose stuffs up do things that would normally make it runny. Like, being in a steamy room (like a wet sauna or even a shower), eating very hot asian noodle soup (if the soup is also spicy, that'll help even more), nosedrops (although if you don't take them right they won't work), and most importantly BLOWING YOUR NOSE! If you keep blowing, and blowing, then eventually, a few days into your cold, you should get your taste and smell back even if you don't follow the other advice I just gave. Also, don't go swimming (it can be dangerous, as you cannot breathe through your nose), and don't clog up your mouth with anything, because it's the only way you can breathe now.

M

m1k

Get well soon Abs!

You didn't specify what type of virus, but I'll assume it's a common cold virus, right?

Anyway, hope you get better soon Absolute Zero! Remember to drink lots of liquids (particularly warm ones, like chicken soup and tea with honey in it), stay in bed, and if your nose stuffs up do things that would normally make it runny. Like, being in a steamy room (like a wet sauna or even a shower), eating very hot asian noodle soup (if the soup is also spicy, that'll help even more), nosedrops (although if you don't take them right they won't work), and most importantly BLOWING YOUR NOSE! If you keep blowing, and blowing, then eventually, a few days into your cold, you should get your taste and smell back even if you don't follow the other advice I just gave. Also, don't go swimming (it can be dangerous, as you cannot breathe through your nose), and don't clog up your mouth with anything, because it's the only way you can breathe now.

Doktor in da howze!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nightblade said:

Thank you Doctor. I'm feeling a lot better today.

I have no idea what it was, but whatever it was, its spreading like crazy and there is no cure yet... it definitely wasn't the common cold.

V

vuschejan

Absolute Zero said:
Thank you Doctor. I'm feeling a lot better today.

I have no idea what it was, but whatever it was, its spreading like crazy and there is no cure yet... it definitely wasn't the common cold.

I think I just got what you did... Sharp stomach pain, fever, tired, Just threw up Yep...

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I didn't have any stomach pain and I didn't throw up and didn't have a fever, but I was really tired, and I had a few cokes so I wasn't going to sleep...

Hope you feel better. :)

P

PMJx2

Wow wierd... I am sick and I can't go to sleep tonight. I hope i'm feelin better tby tommarw, because I really need to get to school, because I'm taking friday off to go get my drivers liscense. :) . My nose is stuffed like crazy!!

I

Icarus

it is currently 4:53 - and I've been awake on and off for most of the night. See, I believe that I have a cold that my allergies are also getting a kick out of - because whenever I go to my bed, lay down in it, about 5 minutes later I start coughing like a madman. (much to the annoyance of my room mate, I'm sure!) so instead of laying in bed coughing my fool head off, I'll sit here for a little bit, take some cough depresent and try once more to fall asleep. Hey - 5 o'clock is pretty close to 8:00, rght? (I need to get up at 8) So I'll just stay up, perhaps! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Hope everyone is getting better! ;)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You have all just been Absolute Zero'd.

Have a nice life. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.